Naming of school uniform and footwear
Following our lovely snowy day at school on Friday last week, we were left with a large number of unlabeled wellies, shoes and clothing. Please can you ensure that all of these items are clearly named in order to prevent them getting lost or muddled.
Key Stage 1 Classroom Access
Please can parents and carers allow enough space for the children to safely exit their classrooms at the end of the day. This will ensure that everyone safely gets to the person taking them home.
Letters and Leaflets
- Year 4 Swimming (ParentMail)
- Year 6 Kingswood Meeting (ParentMail)
- 13th February – No Warrior Club or Terry Goode clubs this week
- 14th February – School Council Valentine’s Day Breaktime Biscuit Sale (50p each)
- 14th February – FOBL Valentines Cake Sale (please support this with your cakes and bakes)
- 15th February – Year 2 visit to Belflair Chocolates
- 15th February – Last day of term
- 25th February – First day of School Term
- 25th February – School Clubs Recommence
- 27th February – Year 4 Swimming Commences
- 27th February – Year 5 Trip to Cotswold Wildlife Park
- 28th February @6pm – Year 6 Kingswood Meeting
- 4th – 8th March – NO CLUBS THIS WEEK DUE TO PARENTS’ EVENING
- 5th & 7th March – Parents Evening (details to follow)
- 8th March – World Book Day Celebrations
- 12th March – Year 1/2 Multiskills (details to follow)
- 15th March – Comic Relief Red Nose Day 2019
- 21st March – FOBL Spring Disco
- 29th March – Easter Bingo
- 1st-5th April – Year 6 Kingswood Residential
- 5th April – Last Day of Term
- 23rd April – First Day of School Term
Parcels (and tubes) for Castles!
Year 1 would still love any cardboard boxes you may have for building castles after half term. Please drop them in to Year 1 if you are able to help.
Many thanks for these, please keep them coming in. We also need cardboard tubes from wrapping paper, kitchen roll etc. No loo rolls please for reasons of health and safety!
FOBL Uniform Collection
FOBL are still gratefully accepting secondhand uniform donations to the school office. They will be having a secondhand uniform sale during the Parents’ Evenings in early March.
Valentine’s Biscuit Sale & FOBL Bake Sale
At break time on Valentine’s Day our school council will be selling Valentine’s Biscuits for 50p each. This is to raise funds for classroom reading books in Key Stage 2 Classrooms. A FOBL Bake Sale will take place at the end of the school day, we would love your donations of cakes and bakes for this; 50p each to buy.
Woodland Mindfulness Course
Please see details below of an upcoming “Positively Mindful” course that might be of interest to parents and carers. There is also a family workshop during half term, which will be a fun, nature-based Mindfulness session for children and their parents.
Saints Ticket Offer
The Saints have another great offer for schools for the upcoming fixture against Sale Sharks on 16th February – kick off 2pm.
- £20 Adults
- £10 Juniors
To redeem the offer all you have to do is call 01604 581000 and quote ‘SCHOOLS19’ or alternatively via their website and quote ‘SCHOOLS19’ once in the basket.
Clubs and Music Information
Our in house clubs programme continues this week. They will run until we close for half term on Friday 15th February and will restart w/c 25th February. There will be no clubs w/c 4th March due to Parents’ Evenings and they will finish w/c 25th March.
Please note that there are no Terry Goode Clubs or Warrior Club next week, Wednesday 13th February. Both clubs will return after our half term break.
Music Tuition is scheduled as follows;
- Monday – Guitar & Singing
- Tuesday – Strings
- Wednesday – Brass & Woodwind
- Thursday Keyboard/Piano
Have you signed up to follow us @brackenleas1? Every week we use social media to keep parents and carers informed about what is happening at our school. Our Twitter feed is the simplest way for you to receive up to the minute information, photos, links and notifications. It is also FREE to use. Twitter is our preferred method of communication for this reason. The alternative is text messages to parents which incurs considerable cost to the school each year. Please Click here to follow a few simple steps and sign up to follow us on Twitter. Make us a favourite and receive instant notifications every time we Tweet. In this way you can help us minimise the cost of expensive text options.