Dear Parents/ Carers,
What a great way to end the term watching Early Years and Year 1 perform their special Harvest Assembly this week! They sang with confidence and smiles as well as reading aloud with confident voices. Well done to our youngest children who have all settled into school so well.
We are constantly reviewing the curriculum offer at Bracken Leas and the broader curriculum is our focus this year looking at ways in which we can enrich curriculum experiences for the children. As part of this, each year group have made a ‘pledge’ for the year. This has been introduced to all pupils as a set of shared commitments linked to: trying new challenges; providing a service to their school; making links with the community as well as curriculum topic enrichment. Our pledges will be displayed in the school hall and we look forward to sharing news about the projects as the year progresses.
We have launched a new Maths initiative in Years 1-4 to continue our work on building children’s confidence and early fluency in Maths. You will have seen samples of work at Parents’ Evening but we will be holding a parents information evening in November to tell you more about our teaching approach. This will be part of a planned Maths week in school so look out for further information early next half-term.
Well done to Year 4 who have the highest attendance of 98% this half-term. For the whole school it is 97%. We will continue to monitor attendance carefully this term. All children should be in school every day unless there is a valid reason given for absence. Please make sure that we know if a child is absent due to illness by leaving a message with the school office on their first day of absence and thereafter at the beginning of the following week for any sustained absences. We can only authorise absence due to illness or other exceptional circumstances. Term time holidays will not be authorised. Please see our website Calendar for further information.
Fresh Start Hot School Meals
Our new meal provider will begin serving meals from Monday 4th November. Please make sure that you have ordered by Tuesday 29th October for meals during the first week back.
Anti- Bullying Week (11th-15th November)
‘Change Starts With Us’ is the theme this year and we have a range of activities planned. Our school council will lead the way with the planning and organisation of competitions. We will be wearing odd socks on the 12th November as part of this week to celebrate that we are all unique.
Thank you for all your ongoing support this term. Enjoy the half- term break and a rest from the routines! School reopens on Monday 4th November.
There is a new page on our website called Fresh Start Meal Provision. On this page you will find basic information about Fresh Start including contact details. Please contact them directly with your queries and issues going forward.
Fresh Start will begin providing meals for us straight after half term from Monday 4th November. Orders must be placed by the 29th October and thereafter by the Tuesday of the week before you need meals.
Key Dates for Next Term
- Mon 4th Nov – Year 4 Photos
- Wed 6th Nov – Year 1 Gruffalo Trip (See ParentMail)
- Wed 6thy Nov – Year 4 Swimming Commences
- Mon 11th-Fri 15th – Year 6 Bikeability
- Mon 11th No – Year 5 (and selected Year 6) Armistice Day Service (Details to follow)
- Fri 15th Nov – Children in Need Day (Details to follow)
- Mon 18th-Fri 22nd – Maths Week (Details to follow)
- Mon 2nd-Fri 6th Nov – Last Week of School Clubs
- Wed 4th Dec – Evening of Christmas Cheer (Details to follow)
- Thurs 5th Dec – Flu Vaccinations (All Year groups, details to follow)
- Mon 9th Dec – Yr 3/4 Rehearsal @ St Peters (Details to follow)
- Tues 10th Dec – Yr 3/4 Rehearsal @ St Peters (Details to follow)
- Tues 10th Dec – Yr 2 Trip to Peter Pan (Details to follow)
- Wed 11th Dec – Early Years Performances (Details to follow)
- Wed 11th Dec – Yr 3/4 Performance and St Peter’s (Details to follow)
- Thurs 12th Dec – Whole School Christmas Lunch
- Fri 13th Dec – FOBL Santa Day (No Hot meals on this day)
- Fri 13th Dec- NSPCC Christmas Jumper Day
- Mon 16th Dec – KS1 Dress Rehearsal
- Tues 17th Dec – KS1 Performance
- Wed 18th Dec – KS1 Performances
- Thurs 19th Dec – Class Parties (No hot school meals)
- Fri 20th Dec- Last Day of Term