Dear Parents and Carers,
We have enjoyed a varied and exciting term at Bracken Leas with our ambition of continuing to widen and enrich the curriculum demonstrated in so many ways. If you read our twitter feeds, you will have seen interesting visitors in school this week: snakes, tarantulas and scorpions in Year 4 but for the whole school- lambs in the EYFS courtyard. This brought great excitement for children and staff alike!
Last week, we had a two-day trust review. An external consultant worked alongside The Hawksmoor Learning Trust Executive Principal, observing the quality of teaching and learning, talking to the children and interviewing senior leaders. It was a great opportunity for us as a leadership team to benchmark our expectations, look closely at the impact of our school development plan and evaluate our current position. The outcomes of the review were overwhelmingly positive for us and it is clear that we have many strengths in the quality of education and variety of opportunity we give to children. I am very proud of the high levels of exemplary behaviour and respect shown by all children but more than this, we observed enthusiasm and desire for learning in all lessons. The ABLE ethos defines us in all respects!
I would like to thank you for your ongoing support this term. Although it was a few weeks back now, it was good to see so many of you at Parents’ Evening and have time to talk. In response to parent feedback, we offered more information about key learning objectives in each year group as well as offering more how to help guides for use at home. Please also refer to our website for further information about each year group as well as the half termly year group newsletters.
Happy Easter to you all and I look forward to seeing everyone back on Tuesday 23rd April for the summer term.
Kings Sutton Tennis Club
Courses of six tennis sessions on offer and a Tennis Open Day at Kings Sutton Tennis Club. Please click on the attachment for more information if you are interested.
Letters and Leaflets
- Messy Church
- Pacesetter Sports
- Cluster Cross Country Event – Wednesday 1st May
Key Dates For Next Term
- 23rd April – First Day of School Term
- 29th April-2nd May – Life Education Bus Visiting Bracken Leas
- 1st May – Cluster Cross Country @BJS (details to follow)
- 6th May – SCHOOL CLOSED – Bank Holiday Monday
- 7th May – Year 4/5 Trust Swimming Gala (details to follow)
- 7th May – Year 4/5 Archery (details to follow)
- &th May @ 2.30 – Year 1 Dancing to parents
- 8th May – Tri-Golf Competition (details to follow)
- 13th-16th May – Year 6 SATs
- 21st May – Year 3 Stratford Trip (details to follow)
- 24th May – FOBL Warrior Challenge 2019
- 24th May – Last Day Of Term