Dear Parents/ Carers,
Another great half term at Bracken Leas with so much to celebrate. There has been a positive buzz in every class with the focus on taking responsibility and working hard to achieve our best in all that we do. I have been particularly proud of the quality of writing in every class with close attention to high standards of presentation and handwriting.
We started a new tradition this year with Early Years and Year 1 leading a Harvest Celebration Assembly; it was lovely to have so many parents and extended family joining us for that. I was so proud of all the children who performed with great confidence and enthusiasm. I am looking forward to this afternoon when they will sing again for the rest of the school!
As always, the school calendar is extremely busy so please keep an eye on the Bracken Leas website and ParentMail communication for events coming up. Looking ahead to next term, we have finalised our plans for Christmas. Please check the school calendar on the website for the days and times of performances. Please note that this year Early Years will have their own Christmas Shows separate to Key Stage 1. We have also booked St Peter’s Church again for the Year 3/4 Christmas Performance.
There have been a number of trips this term as well as the Year 4 Kingswood residential. Year 5 enjoyed a visit to The National Space Centre last week and Year 3 had a fantastic day in Oxford yesterday visiting The Ashmolean. We have also been involved in local community fundraising event including wearing Denim for Defib, raising £400 and 6 trolleys of food items for Brackley Foodbank.
As always, thank you for your ongoing support. Have a relaxing half- term break and I will see you all on Monday 29th October when school reopens.
Key Dates For next Term
- Monday 29th Oct – School re-opens to pupils
- Wednesday 31st Oct – School Photographer in school
- Wednesday 31st Oct – Closing date for Secondary School Applications
- Thursday 1st Nov – Halloween FOBL Disco
- Monday 12th – Friday 16th Nov – Year 6 Bikeability
- Thursday 15th Nov @ 6 pm – Read, Write, Inc Parents Info Session (amended from 8th)
- Friday 16th Nov – Children in Need Spotacular (Bake Sale and Bring & Buy. Details to follow)
- Thursday 22nd Nov – Flu Vaccinations (details to follow)
- Friday 30th Nov – Mufti Day for Brackley Round Table Santa Float
- Friday 30th Nov – FOBL Line Dancing Event
- Wednesday 5th Dec – Christmas Cheer Concert
- Wednesday 12th Dec @6pm – Year 3/4 Carol Concert – St Peter’s
- Wednesday 12th Dec @9.30am & 2.30pm – EYFS Christmas Show
- Thursday 13th Dec – Year 2 Trip to Peter Pan
- Friday 14th Dec – FOBL Santa Day and Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day
- Monday 17th Dec – KS1 Christmas Performance Dress Rehearsal
- Tuesday 18th Dec @1.45pm – KS1 Christmas Performance
- Wednesday 19th Dec @9.30am & 6pm – KS1 Christmas Performance
- Thursday 20th Dec – Class Christmas Parties
- Friday 21st Dec – Last day of term and winning house mufti day (TBA)
Brackley Carnival 2019
We are all being invited to vote for our favourite theme for this year’s Brackley Carnival! http://brackleycommunitycarnival.org.uk/2019-carnival-theme-vote/
In the carnival this year, thanks to the enormous amount of effort that went into the Bracken Leas procession , bthe school won FIRST PLACE. It would be fantastic to get behind this wonderful community event again and help decide what the theme will be.
Voting closes on 30th November and the results will be announced at the beginning of December.
Buzzlings & Beelets
Beelets Stay and play sessions is back on Monday 29th October for parents and toddlers. Feel free to come and join us for a Tea/Coffee and play! This group meets in The Rockpool 9-11 am.
Buzzlings small group pre school sessions will recommence on Tuesday 30th October. This group is for children starting school in September 2019. Sessions run on a Tuesday morning and afternoon and there is currently availability for both. Please call the school office on 01280 707050 for further details.
Thanks to everyone for all of your kind donations of food and money this week. We are very grateful for everything that has been donated and are pleased to report that we raised almost £400 through our Denim for Defib day on Tuesday.
Dolce are looking for a lunchtime server at Bracken Leas. 10 hours per week, Term time only, £7 .83 per hour
They also have a vacancy for another school. They are looking for a Server Driver. Mon- Fri, Term time only, £8.25 per hour. Applicants must have a clean driving license and able to drive a van for a delivery in hot service.
Please contact Davina for further details on 07765406675.