The run up to Christmas is always my favourite time of year with all of the Christmas shows and so much for the children to enjoy. It has been a privilege to watch all of the performances with each year group telling and singing the story of Christmas with such confidence. Our musicians and choir started the festive season brilliantly with ‘An Evening of Christmas Cheer’. This followed with Early Years performing as a year group on their own for the first time at Bracken Leas: a very special and professional performance from our youngest children. Last week, Year 3 and 4 performed ‘Bells Ring Out’ at St Peter’s Church: a beautiful setting matched with beautiful singing. Finally, this week Key Stage 1 have performed ‘The Shiniest Star’ and what a way to end the term with such an energetic show. Well done to all the children and a big thank you to all the staff involved.
It has been a busy term at Bracken Leas with much to celebrate. We aim to enrich the curriculum for the children as much as we can to enhance learning experiences.
Reflecting back on a busy term, there have been many highlights:
|Memorable days||Trips out||Visitors in||Sports Fixtures|
|EYFS/ Y1 Harvest|
Y1 Guy Fawkes
Y2 Tudor Houses
Y3 Egyptian Tomb Y4 WW2 Tea Party
Y5 Mystery Island
Y6 WW1 Assembly
Children in Need
Day £300 raised
|5 Space Centre |
Y3 Ashmolean Museum
Y4 Kingswood Residential
Y2 Peter Pan
Y5 Community Random Acts of Kindness
Choir- Candleford Court
|Damian Harvey- Author |
Laura Samuel- Olympic Athlete British Cycling
Y4 Bollywood Dancing Google Legends Internet Safety
Y5 Magistrates Court
Wildlife Club- Hogwatch
Y5/6 Trust Cross Country
Y5/6 Mixed Football
Year 5/6 Trust Tag Rugby
KS2 Sportshall Athletics
FOBL continue to support us with fantastic fundraising and great social events throughout the year. Thank you for your generosity and ongoing support for these events. The extra money really does make a difference to what we are able to purchase to enhance teaching and learning. We will continue now with finishing the IT upgrade and our new project for 2019 is to resource the Art Room as a fully functioning teaching room for Art and Design lessons.
I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a happy new year. We look forward to welcoming the children back on Tuesday 8th January ready for the new term.
Many thanks for all your support.
Key Dates for Next Term
- 8th January – School re-opens to pupils
- 8th/9th January – Terry Goode clubs recommence
- 10th January – Hotshots recommences
- 10th January – Kids Lingo recommences
- 15th Jauary – Year 3/4 Kurling (selected children)
- 16th January Year 5 Swimming recommences
- 16th January Year 5/6 Tag Rugby (selected children)
- 24th January @6pm – Year 6 SATs Information Evening
- 25th January – School Pantomime
- 25th January – FOBL Quiz Night
- 30th January – Year 3/4 Football
- 5th February – Hawksmoor Football Tournament Yr 3/4/5/6 (details to follow)
- 6th February – Year 4 Swimming Commences
- 6th February – Year 3/4 Hockey (selected children)
- 15th February – Last day of term
- 25th February – First day of School Term
- Strings tuition restarts on 8th January.
- Brass Tuition begins on 9th January. Please note that there will be no Woodwind Tuition on this day, it will recommence on the 16th January.
- Keyboard starts back on January 10th.
- Funkeys and Guitar Tuition starts back on January 14th
FOBL Quiz Night
FOBL are planning a Quiz Night on Friday 25th January. Save the date as this is always a really fun night out!
Click on the link for the full FOBL Events Timetable
We would like to remind you to park considerately around school, especially in Magdalen Meadows and on Pavillons Way. Please don’t double park or obstruct residents driveways as this will keep our local residents happy.