Dear Parents and Carers,
We are all enjoying a lovely sunny day on the field doing the Warrior Challenge today. This annual event has become a highlight of the year and the children were so excited when they saw the course being set up yesterday. I would like to thank our amazing FOBL crew for all that they do supporting the school with ongoing fundraising. Every little bit that you are able to give to our events helps the school move forward and we really appreciate your support. The money raised from the Warrior Challenge will go towards fixing and upgrading our wooden adventure trail at the end of the field- a resource the children love using at break and lunchtimes.
If the weather is forecast to be warm, please can you ensure that children have water bottles in school that they can refill and hats to wear. It really helps if children apply suncream at home before they come in. You can buy suncreams which last for 6+ hours if applied once. Children are allowed to bring in their own suncream: please ensure that it is named and they can apply it themselves. If the weather is changeable, please ensure that your child has a lightweight waterproof jacket in school as they do go outside to play in light rain.
Looking ahead to the final summer term, we have a busy schedule planned. Please take note of all the key dates coming up.
I would like to wish you all a lovely half-term break. Many thanks for your ongoing support. Please note that school opens again on Monday 3rd June.
Upcoming dates for next term;
- 3rd June – First Day of Term
- 4th June – Year 4 Visit to Chedworth
- 6th June – FOBL Summer Disco
- 8th June – Brackley Carnival
- 20th June – Cluster Choir Concert
- 21st June – EYFS & Year 1 Dental Survery
- 24th June @ 6pm – New Early Years Parents Meeting
- 26th/27th June – Year 5/6 Production
- 1-5th July – Year 6 Magdalen Induction Week
- 5th July – Transition Day EYFS-Year 5 (details to follow)
- 9th July – Key Stage 2 Sports Day (details to follow)
- 10th July – EYFS & KS1 Sports Day (details to follow)
- 11th & 15th July – Reserve Sports Days (only used if rescheduling needed due to poor weather)
- 12th July – Summer Picnic (details to follow)
- 18th July – Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- 18th July – Year 6 Prom
- 19th July – Last Day of Term
Year 5/6 Swimming Gala
Well done to our Year 5/6 swimmers who took part in a swimming gala at Daventry this afternoon. We came a commendable 5th out of 16, our best placing in this competition for a number of years.
Wristbands for adult admission to Brackley Carnival are now available from the school office. They are priced at £4 per band. They will also be available on carnival day for £5. Under 11’s are free. 11-16’s are £2.
Please note that all adults walking in the procession will need to wear a wristband.
If you are purchasing from us it would be appreciated if you could bring the correct change with you.
Tombola Donations – Brackley Carnival
We would love your donations for our Friends of Bracken Leas Tombola at Brackley Carnival on 8th June. Any unwanted gifts etc greatly appreciated. Please drop them in to the office.