Dear Parents/ Carers,
Wow! We are halfway through the academic year already and it has been another busy term at Bracken Leas. The leadership team have been observing the quality of teaching and learning in every class and we have been really impressed with the positive attitudes from all of our pupils and their resilience in facing challenging work. Well done!
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to fill in our recent parent survey. We are busy analysing your responses and feedback. Many of your comments are overwhelmingly positive which is great but as always the ‘even better ifs…’ enable us to reflect and focus going forwards. As part of this, we will respond telling you more of our future plans next term.
Looking ahead to next term, we have World Book Day (8th March) and Red Nose Day (15th March). They are both close together so we have planned for World Book Day to focus on our love for reading through class-based activities and tie designs based on our favourite books and authors. Red Nose Day will be an opportunity for your child to dress up and show their crazier side: wacky hair and red is our theme. We also have red noses to sell in school throughout the week running up to the event.
Parking Awareness reminder
As you know, at drop off time and pick up, Pavillions Way and Magdalen Meadows become incredibly busy roads with potential for serious accidents. Please be aware of where you are dropping your children off and check that they are safe when they get out of the car. Please also continue to be respectful of our neighbours and park with consideration for property access. Cars should not be double parked along Magdalen Meadows: please remember that an emergency vehicle needs to be able to access the road at all times. Also, the school car park is just for staff use during the hours of 8- 6 pm unless you need to use the disabled access.
We welcome Miss Caines to our EYFS teaching team next term. Mrs Castle leaves us today to start her maternity leave and we wish her all the very best. Miss Caines will cover the maternity leave and will be teaching The Den on Thursdays and Fridays.
We have also appointed two new lunchtime supervisors: Miss Jackson and Miss Hawkins. They started with us this this week and have been familiarising themselves with the busy lunchtime routines.
Thank you as always for your support. School reopens on Monday 25th February.
Have a happy half-term break!
Key Dates For Next Term
- 25th February – First day of School Term
- 25th February – School Clubs Recommence
- 26th Febraury – FOBL Community Pub Quiz
- 27th February – Year 4 Swimming Commences
- 27th February – Year 5 Trip to Cotswold Wildlife Park
- 28th February @6pm – Year 6 Kingswood Meeting
- 4th – 8th March – NO CLUBS THIS WEEK DUE TO PARENTS’ EVENING
- 5th & 7th March – Parents Evening (details to follow)
- 8th March – World Book Day Celebrations
- 12th March – Year 1/2 Multiskills (details to follow)
- 14th March – FOBL Psychic Medium Event
- 15th March – Comic Relief Red Nose Day 2019
- 21st March – FOBL Spring Disco
- 29th March – FOBL Easter Bingo
- 1st-5th April – Year 6 Kingswood Residential
- 5th April – Last Day of Term
- 23rd April – First Day of School Term
Ukulele For Beginners – Free Taster Sessions
Red Nose Day – 15th March
Click here to read more about our plans. https://www.brackenleasschool.co.uk/comic-relief-red-nose-day-2019/