Each individual governor is a member of a governing body, which is established in law as a corporate body; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the head teacher.
The head teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governing body, as well as the day to day running of the school.
Dave Edge is the Chair of Governors. He may be contacted via the following email address email@example.com
Further detail on how our school is governed may be found on the Governance Page of Hawksmoor Learning Trust Website or by clicking on the buttons below.
Record of Governors’ Attendance 2020-2021
Bracken Leas Primary LAB Meeting Attendance – Please click on the document below for further information.
Bracken Leas Attendance Register 2020-2021