We have a compulsory school uniform at our school as we believe this instils a sense of identity and pride in the school.
- Bottle green sweatshirt or sweat cardigan*, cardigan or jumper
- White polo shirt*
- White school shirt/blouse
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore
- Grey or black trousers/smart school shorts
- Summer dresses/skirts – green and white gingham checks
- Black socks for boys, white socks or plain dark tights for girls
- Sensible black school shoes or boots (no high heels or trainers)
- Sandals (summer) that support the heel with a strap (no flip flops)
- Dark coloured footwear for boys and black or white for girls. Canvas shoes are not appropriate.
- White T shirt*
- Black shorts
- Black plimsolls (indoors)
- Tracksuit or joggers (outdoors)
- Trainers (outdoors)
- Children in EYFS are only required to have an indoor PE kit, consisting of white T-shirt, black shorts and black plimsolls in school during their first year
- Book Bag*
- PE Bag*
All children are required to bring a water bottle and sun hat into school.
- Green School Fleece*
- Green or black shower proof jacket*
Items marked * may be purchased with the school logo from T King Associates.
Contact details for our school uniform supplier:
T King Associates are our new supplier. They may be contacted on 01280 824836 or at www.tkingassociates.com.
Our uniform items can be accessed via the ‘Schools’ tab on their website for online ordering or Click here to visit our webpage
As before, orders can be placed online and delivered to school for free, or delivered to home for a small charge. Alternatively, uniform may be collected directly from the premises in Buckingham.
From October 2017 Sew Sublime are no longer our supplier.
Staying safe in the sun
For safety reasons, during the summer we ask that children wear a named sun hat or baseball cap. We advise that children should be protected by sun cream, applied at home, or sent with the child so that they can apply it themselves. Our Year 2 children act as sun buddies to remind all pupils of the need to protect themselves from the sun.
If your child has forgotten their hat they may be asked to remain in the shade of the covered areas during break times and lunch.
- Wearing of any types of jewellery is discouraged.
- Children with pierced ears should only wear the stud type earrings.
- Children are not allowed to swim for six weeks after having their ears pierced as they are not allowed in the pool with ear rings in. Please try to have them pierced during the long holiday periods if possible.
- Earrings must be removed or covered for P.E. sessions.
- Watches may be worn in school by children in Year 2 and above
- All items of clothing and footwear should be clearly labelled with the child’s name.
- Lost items are stored in the lost property boxes in the storage cupboard in the link to the Key Stage 2 building.
- Items unclaimed by the end of each term will go into the school spare clothes bag or be given to charity.
My child has lost something, what shall I do?
If you are concerned that your child has lost something in school please speak to their class teacher in the first instance. If you are still unable to find the item then visit the school office who will direct you to the lost property area.
Over the next school year our uniform will be changing slightly to include the new school logo. At the moment our suppliers are still sending out uniform with the existing school logo. However, as stocks of this run down, it will be replaced with the new.
We appreciate that purchasing school uniform presents a considerable expense to parents and carers and we do not expect parents of existing Bracken Leas pupils to replace existing uniform until it becomes necessary. We will update the website once the new logo begins to appear on uniform from our suppliers.
If your child is joining us in September 2016 they will be supplied with uniform containing the new logo.