If you are concerned about the welfare of a child or young person:
- If you feel that they are in immediate danger, contact Northamptonshire Police on 999
- Speak to Mrs Caroline Lewis (Assistant Head & Safeguarding lead), Mrs Paula Harwood (Head Teacher) or Mr Dan Alder (Deputy Head Teacher) – Designated Senior Persons with responsibility for Child Protection at Bracken Leas.
- If your concern cannot be shared with the Senior Management Team, you should contact the Chair of Governors; Dave Edge. Contact details are available from the school office.
- In the absence of Mrs Lewis, Mrs Harwood or Mr Alder ask to speak to an alternative member of the Senior Management Team.
- If you need further advice or information please contact Northamptonshire County Council’s Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 1000
Here is a link to The Nicholas Hawksmoor Learning Trust Safeguarding Policy
The school also has a Community Governor with designated safeguarding responsibilities.
A message from Chris Watts Community Governor
I am a Community Governor, in my second term of office and am currently the designated Safeguarding Governor. As a local businessman and Rotarian I have been involved with the school since 1999 when my son entered year 4. I joined the Friends of Bracken Leas and served as secretary for a couple of years. My close relationship with the school continued as my wife taught at the school for a number of years, before leaving to take up a deputy headship in Northampton.