Welcome back everyone and a warm welcome to anyone that is joining Bracken Leas this September.
We return to school on Monday 6th September. Below are some details that should clarify some of the changes for full return, following updated school guidance:
- Start and finish times for all pupils will be: classroom doors open at 8.40am, registers taken at 8:50am, end of the school day 3.10 (EYFS/KS1) and 3:15pm (KS2).
Morning Drop Off
All children can go straight to the classroom door ready for 8.40am. Y3 will be greeted by teachers at the entrance to the Y3/4 alleyway.
End of Day Collection
Children can be collected from classroom doors at the end of the day. Y5 and Y6 children will be released from the classroom to meet parents independently.
Day to Day Arrangements
- Face coverings will no longer be required to be worn on school site. The one way around the pond will remain as it keeps everyone moving in a potentially tight crowded space.
- The school will no longer operate on behalf of NHS Test and Trace, therefore only pupils who test positive will need to isolate, with Test and Trace identifying close contacts directly with parents.
- Due to this, ‘bubbles’ will no longer have to operate and in the event of a confirmed case, as a result the class or year group will no longer have to isolate as direct contacts.
- Whole school assemblies, mixed year group play and lunch times will all return.
- Extra-curricular clubs will return to mixed year group sessions – details of these will follow shortly.
- Class events, visits and trips will return to normal – these include Y4 & Y6 residentials for this academic year.
- Children in EYFS to Year 4 will return to eating in the school hall- Fresh Start hot lunches and packed lunches. Children in Y5 and Y6 will eat in the classrooms.
Minimising the risk of transmission
- Robust control measures will remain in place to reduce the risk of spread – regular hygiene and hand-washing, rigorous cleaning routines and well-ventilated rooms.
- Symptoms of Covid-19 remain the same: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours; a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
What do I do if my child has symptoms?
Should your child display any of the symptoms listed above, then they should not come in to school and you should book a confirmatory PCR test, isolate and await the results
- If your child has a positive LFD (Lateral Flow) test, then they should isolate and obtain a PCR test to confirm results. If this is negative (and within 2 days of the LFD test) then they may return to school as normal.
- Public Health England advice will continue to be followed and in the event of an ‘outbreak’, a return to additional contingency measures may be necessary.
School attendance is mandatory for all pupils of compulsory school age and it is a priority that we continue their education with minimum interruption this year. If your child is unable to attend, due to Covid 19 isolation as instructed by NHS track and trace, their education will continue remotely following school policy.
- Please ensure that all uniform is named clearly and PE kits are in on the first day.
- Please remember that we promote healthy eating snacks at break times- no sweets or chocolate bars. Packed lunches should also provide a healthy balance of food.
- We encourage all pupils to have a named water bottle.
- Bracken Leas is a ‘nut free school’. Please do not send your child into school with any item containing nuts.
- No jewellery. Earrings should be plain studs and the children should be able to take them out themselves. Hair accessories should be in keeping with school uniform colours.
- Please provide your child with a coat. We go outside for play in wet weather!
- Please check your houses for any school books that may not have been returned before the summer.
We are all looking forward to a great year ahead and we welcome all the new children and families starting with us this year.
For further details on our updated Covid-19 Risk Assessment September 2019 please click on the link below to go to our policies page.
Please click on the link below to view the NHS leaflet below for children returning to school this September.
Return to School Primary Education Leaflet NHS